top of page
991 ST. JOHNS PLACE BROOKLYN, NY
This former home of Saint Gregory Catholic Academy was completed in 1921 as a part of the St Gregory Catholic Church Complex, which consists of the school, a Roman type basilica church, a bell tower and a rectory. PKSB was commissioned to repair and convert the long-vacated school building to multi-family residential use with a horizontal expansion and 2-story rooftop addition. The design of the new expansion complements rather than competes with the existing structure and seamlessly assimilates into the whole complex.
The project went through an extensive public review and obtained an approval from the Landmarks Preservation Commission in December 2018. The project also includes a complex zoning and code analysis and multiple filings for comprehensive structural analysis.
bottom of page