373 Bleecker Street | NEW YORK, NY
373 Bleecker Street is a five story apartment house originally built in 1869 as two separate but identical buildings. A 1936 renovation combined the two structures and replaced the historic wood storefronts at the ground floor with a brick façade and punched openings.
In 2013, PKSB was commissioned to restore the first story to retail use. Neighboring buildings provided clues as to what the historic condition would have been. PKSB’s restorative wood and glass storefront design was approved at staff-level at the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Original cornice details were also restored with the addition of integrated LED cove lighting.