155 MERCER STREET NEW YORK, NY
Located in the Soho-Cast Iron Historic District, 155 Mercer Street was constructed in 1854 as a Fireman’s Hall for the City of New York’s Volunteer Fire Department. PKSB spearheaded the conversion of the building to accommodate three floors of new retail space. The change of use was allowed under a Special Restoration Permit which resurrected much of the building's original stone detailing and decorative cornice. A new storefront was reviewed and approved by Landmarks Preservation Commission.